Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Insect Pro 2.1 : New version release

From: Ryan Sears <rdsears () mtu edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 19:13:52 -0500 (EST)

I agree, in order for it to qualify as 'free' it needs to be just that.

Forcing someone to make a 'donation' before you give them said free software is SELLING that software. Saying it's free
is not just misleading, it's a blatantly *not* true.

Juan did however give me a download to test it out when I contacted him off-list, which was nice of him, but I don't
think that these announcements should say 'free with a donation from 20$ up'. It should state that you HAVE to pay 20$
in order to get a download. Anything else is misleading.

Also due to the fact that this is *not* open-source I did not try it out. Just too many red flags for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Ryan Sears