Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: NiX API

From: Aaron Turner <synfinatic () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:26:07 -0700

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM,  <nix () myproxylists com> wrote:

Yes. That's the flipside of the coin. However though, any merchant that
accepts purchases from user's behind proxies or other anonymizer's is
taking a siginificant risk. According to my knowledge and experience, if
this proxy happends to be in PayPal's database or this IP-address differs
too much from your regular login history, their automation will revert the
payment usually some hours after or during the next day.

Guess what will happend to that merchant? They are frustrated while
answering unauthorized paypal claims. If this purchase was done using a
stolen credit card, PayPal will charge this merchant for outrageous fees
!!

If this purchase was made using illegally someone's paypal account, they
will still charge this merchant for their revenue percentage!! So in other
hand, it's you merchant who will suffer and get all horshit for that
fraudulent purchase. Paypal will always win and earn profits from this
purchase!

This happened to us about 50 times in 2.5 months period. Needless to say,
im still mad as hell. We lost several hundreds of bucks to those paypal
'reversal fees' + wasted significant amount of our precious times while
answering to those disputes.

The API resolved all issues. There has been few legit customers who
wondered why they could not login using the proxy, I said, remove the
proxy and try again and then do purchase. They did. A fraudulent user
never bother for this, they will leave your site alone.

Sounds like your real problem is that PayPal sucks... shocking!  If
only there was a website dedicated to the problems with paypal.  You
know, something with a catchy name that clearly spells out the fact
that PayPal sucks. Hmmm... I know!  I'm going to register
paypalsucks.com right now!  Oh, wait...

Still unclear why you started this thread on F-D.

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/         Twitter: @synfinatic