Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability in reCAPTCHA for Drupal

From: "MustLive" <mustlive () websecurity com ua>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 14:34:16 +0200

Hello Zach!

fucking *two days*? Is that even enough time for the vendor to
acknowledge?

You've read inattentively - between informing of developers and disclosing
of vulnerabilities the two months and two days have passed (as you can see
in Timeline section). So be more attentive next time.

About how much time developers need to fix the holes.

1. The developers need enough time and I'm always giving them enough time.
In different cases I gave different time: sometimes it was month or few
months, sometimes it was year or even more. But always sufficient amount of
time (and if developer just ignore the hole, then regardless of given time,
such developer never fix it). In average I'm giving two months for fixing.

2. Different developers need different amount of time. It also depends on
number of vulnerabilities.

For example, developer of PHPXref fixed holes on the next day after I
informed him (http://phpxref.sourceforge.net/Changelog). And developers of
MyBB, which I informed about multiple vulnerabilities last week, they are
still investigating them (for more then week), as they stated.

Mozilla requires just ten days, as they stated
(http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20070803/mozilla-says-ten-fucking-days/). And I
had such cases, when admins of web sites fixed holes in a few minutes after
receiving of my letter (as they stated, when quickly answered me after the
fixes).

So there are developers which fix holes quickly enough.

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua