Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: HBGary Mirrors?

From: Daniël W. Crompton <daniel.crompton () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 23:17:00 +0100

On 18 February 2011 20:11, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] <
cal.leeming () simplicitymedialtd co uk> wrote:

I'm wondering along the same lines as Thor, based on intent. One of those
"don't take the piss or the judge is gonna own you" scenarios that would be
tested in court on a per trial basis. Like, if the files were known to
contain encrypted info, and if it was proved that you knew the contents of
those files, then you would be held liable.

Unless you has actually decrypted the file you would not "know" what was in
the file, you would be relying on what the person who gave you the file told
you. I assume this would be some kind of hearsay, although a judge might
consider you an accessory after the fact or a (co-)conspirator which in some
cases might result in a higher sentence than the original crime.

D.

blaze your trail

--
Daniël W. Crompton <daniel.crompton () gmail com>

 <http://specialbrands.net/>

<http://specialbrands.net/>
http://specialbrands.net/
<http://twitter.com/webhat>