Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DEF CON 19 - hackers get hacked!

From: "Eric McCann" <nuclearmistake () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:54:53 -0400

<-- got pwned

I spent 90% of the time with my Windows (I like koolaid. deal with it) laptop on a 4g My-Fi up in my room, and had my
droid 2 global on 3G most of the time.

Saturday-ish, I noticed alot of "hey, what's your password again?", and said "NO YOU" to most of them, but didn't
really have a sense that they were suspect until I read this thread.

Saturday around noon I got this email in my gmail inbox... FROM "MYSELF".

"""
Hello, Eric. I have your laptop, and it won't let me log off your account. I was wondering if you could tell me?
Anytime I go on to my account, it always directs me to yours. Do you mind informing me on how to log off your account
for good? I have no intention of hacking or sabotaging your account. Thank you,
  Aislyn

P.S. I fixed your laptop. I believe you left it at the dump.
"""

I promptly responded with something along the lines of, "Describe my laptop...... and go ________ yourself", closed all
existing google sessions, changed my password a few times, and enabled 2 factor authentication.

The only ongoing issue I've noticed is my feeling of regret that whoever sent the email will never be able to respond
my reply. :-(