Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: wikileaks still under attack, pressure revved up

From: "Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]" <cal.leeming () simplicitymedialtd co uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 20:22:55 +0100

Yes this is true, but a little bit of common sense on wikileaks behalf could
have been exercised, you know?

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM, John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd]
<cal.leeming () simplicitymedialtd co uk> wrote:
You do raise a very good argument, especially the part about "security
through obscurity".
I don't know if Wikileaks have done a good thing or not, but rather than
release everything, they should have had someone analyse the documents,
and
pick out the bits which they felt the public needed to know (anything
considered a scandal etc) .. We don't care about soldiers movements or
tactics, but an insurgent might... I see little reason why they'd need to
release all the documents, other than out of lazyness/insufficient staff
review all the info..
I was trying hard to not respond to this thread.  I am not condoning
or condemning wikileaks however the above statement sort of misses the
point of wikileaks.  the mass media does what you have suggested and
look how well that works.  wikileaks rightly or wrongly (and possibly
unsuccessfully) tries to overcome these issues by presenting the raw
information so people can make there own mind up.

--

Cal Leeming

Operational Security & Support Team

*Out of Hours: *+44 (07534) 971120 | *Support Tickets: *
support () simplicitymedialtd co uk
*Fax: *+44 (02476) 578987 | *Email: *cal.leeming () simplicitymedialtd co uk
*IM: *AIM / ICQ / MSN / Skype (available upon request)
Simplicity Media Ltd. All rights reserved.
Registered company number 7143564