Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: go public to avoid jail

From: J Roger <securityhocus () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 09:47:07 -0700

[1] Releasing tools to the public COULD help you stay out of jail but isn't
enough on it's own (I never claimed it was BTW)
[2] Gonzales is a rat that would turn on what was at least reported to be
his best friend

I've never met Stephen either online or IRL but from what I've read he
sounds like he is a highly intelligent and talented individual fed up with
the vast amounts of charlatans and BS that pollute the security
industry/scene. I understand that as part of his punishment, Stephen will be
unable to use computers for quite some time. Maybe The_UT will be completely
content with this sanction but I think it's a shame. I believe in the
importance of at least listening to different opinions and perspectives as
long as they're coming from intelligent and informed sources. The security
industry could really benefit from more of Stephen's contributions if more
people from the scene had the wisdom to look past the sometimes immature way
in which they were delivered and actually pay attention the the message
that's being said.

JRoger