Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RDP, can it be done safely?

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <Thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:10:58 +0000

To be specific, it actually doesn't require a "client" cert in the strictest sense.  You can configure certificate
parameters on the server in such a way that certificate trust chains must be honored (close enough) but if you want
true client authentication based on a certificate, you would have to publish the RDP over RPC/HTTP(s) via something
like ISA where you can specifically configure a listener to require client authentication certificates to be
"presented" to the publisher, but that's not really the same thing.