Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: All China, All The Time

From: r00t <r00t () ellicit org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:57:52 -1000

Can you explain how this is sophisticated.  It looks to me like most
decent malware samples I've RE'd:

The result: triple encrypted shell code which downloads multiple
encrypted binaries used to drop an encrypted payload on a target machine
which then establishes an encrypted SSL channel to connect to a command
and control network.

If they are so sophisticated and organized, then why do they continually
get noticed shortly after the attack.  A major element that you fail to
realize about these so called sophisticated attacks is stealth and
persistence, which this attack lacks.