Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD IPSEC has backdoor

From: Graham Gower <graham.gower () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 12:59:06 +1030

On 15 December 2010 12:05, musnt live <musntlive () gmail com> wrote:
Original e-mail is from Theo DeRaadt

Is my question: "Why is now Theo cower like rat." Is because his
stance from the beginning: "we is audit everything" for make me
believe Theo was is also on the payroll. Enjoy everyone.

I have no idea what you're talking about here. Theo has always been
pragmatic regards security. He could easily have ignored this mail,
but decided to make it public in the spirit of full disclosure.

It seems like a difficult task to flat out deny that a backdoor was
inserted, given the circumstances. So he's probably just taking the
opportunity to get more eyeballs on the code, which will be positive
regardless of whether backdoor(s) are found.

-Graham