Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How Prosecutors Wiretap Wall Street

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 12:28:24 -0600

--On Tuesday, November 03, 2009 22:39:06 -0600 Holt Sorenson <hso () nosneros net>
wrote:

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 10:13:24PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
Of course, without a warrant they can't wiretap anything.  Furthermore
every warrant to wiretap has to be accompanied by evidence that justifies
the warrant and signed by a federal judge who agrees that there is
sufficient cause for the wiretap, and illegal wiretaps will not only get
your case thrown out of court but your butt thrown in jail as well.

But other than that, it's really troubling....

um, have you been off planet for the last 8 years or something?
http://bit.ly/Cpwam
http://bit.ly/2AMX6O
http://bit.ly/guIGS
http://bit.ly/vKLgB
http://bit.ly/L6xP7
http://bit.ly/18chv

No.  But I can distinguish between an American citizen and someone living in
America who may be involved in terrorist activity.  And so can the courts.

Can you?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst