Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: The war in Palestine

From: "Avraham Schneider" <avri.schneider () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 15:39:12 +0200

"I do recommend every one to read the history to know why rockets are
lunched from Gaza toward the "Israeli" lands, and what the Israeli troops
are really doing."

We will go right ahead -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Israel#Jewish_History_in_Israel

"You do not have time ? yes even sometime I don't have enough time to read
my own mails.

I will try to help, have a look on this map"

Thanks but we have time to do our own research and we don't need your cheap
propaganda – thanks anyway…

Here's a better picture –

How about some historic facts?

http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm#From%20Roman%20to%20Ottoman%20Rule

About 61 B.C., Roman troops under Pompei invaded Judea and sacked Jerusalem
in support of King Herod. Judea had become a client state of Rome.
Initially it was ruled by the client Herodian dynasty. The land was divided
into districts of Judea, Galilee, Peraea and a small trans-Jordanian
section, each of which eventually came under direct Roman control. The
Romans called the large central area of the land, which included Jerusalem,
*Judea*. According to Christian belief, Jesus Christ was born in
Bethlehem, Judea, in the early years of Roman rule. Roman rulers put down
Jewish revolts in about A.D. 70 and A.D. 132. In A.D. 135, the Romans drove
the Jews out of Jerusalem, following the failed Bar Kochba revolt. The
Romans named the area *Palaestina*, at about this time. The name *Palaestina,
*which* * became Palestine in English, is derived from Herodotus, who used
the term *Palaistine Syria* to refer to the entire southern part of Syria,
meaning "Philistine Syria." Most of the Jews who continued to practice their
religion fled or were forcibly exiled from Palestine, eventually forming a
second Jewish Diaspora. However, Jewish communities continued to exist,
primarily in the Galilee, the northernmost part of Palestine. Palestine was
governed by the Roman Empire until the fourth century A.D. (300's) and then
by the Byzantine Empire. In time, Christianity spread to most of Palestine.
The population consisted of Jewish converts to Christianity and paganism,
peoples imported by the Romans, and others who had probably inhabited
Palestine continuously.

During the seventh century (A.D. 600's), Muslim<http://www.mideastweb.org/islamhistory.htm>
Arab armies moved north from Arabia to conquer most of the Middle East,
including Palestine. Jerusalem was conquered about 638 by the Caliph Umar (
Omar <http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclopedia/umar.htm>) who
gave his protection to its inhabitants.<http://mideastweb.org/covenantofomar.htm>Muslim powers controlled the region
until the early 1900's. The rulers
allowed Christians and Jews to keep their religions. However, most of the
local population gradually accepted Islam and the Arab-Islamic culture of
their rulers. Jerusalem (Al-Quds<http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclopedia/Al-Quds.htm>)
became holy to Muslims as the site where, according to tradition,
Muhammad<http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclopedia/Muhammad.htm>ascended to heaven after a miraculous
overnight ride from Mecca on his horse
*Al-Buraq*. The al-Aqsa<http://www.mideastweb.org/Middle-East-Encyclopedia/Al-aqsa.htm>mosque was built on the site
generally regarded as the area of the Jewish
temples.

But don't let the facts bother you…

"Do you understand why the small green areas are attacking the white ones
??"

Yes, because of Iran's support and radical Islam leader's quest for power
and control over this region in particular and the world in general.

"If you don't like to think about it and maybe we are all technical ppl
who really only understand numbers? I will help as well

In the last 8 years there were 5000 rockets (if we can really call it
rockets) launched from the green areas killed "5" and wounded "15"  and
captured "1" ppl who lives in the white lands.

So the ppl from the white areas answer by killing "5000" and wounded
"150000" and capture more than "20000" ppl from the green areas (7% of these
number are only in the last 7 days).

Maybe I will try to help more after 10 years from now by sending another
Map, and lets discuss then why the Palestinians didn't resist to exist, if
we will remember if there was a country called Palestine, which used to own
the whole green and white lands only 70 years ago "

Your point is?

This is war, not a gentleman's duel.

The fact that the weak side uses low-grade rockets means that the strong
side must match their arsenal to be "fair"?

"I hope that I didn't take much time from you all."

You did.