Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Re: windows future]

From: Rob Thompson <my.security.lists () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:22:24 -0700

Thor (Hammer of God) wrote:
But that's the same on my Mac and Ubuntu distro too.  The first user is the admin.  Granted, the default behavior on
Mac/nix requires the admin password and not just a confirmation, but at the end of the day, it's all the same.  I
actually like being able to change the behavior to suit my environment, which I can do with Visa/Win7.

In regards to Ubuntu, that isn't necessarily correct.

Yes, the first user is setup and given access as a sudoer, but that is
all.  When you log in, you are logging in with user priveleges and have
to escalate each time, for each independant act that requires system
modification.

<snip>

--
Rob