Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Two bulletins from Microsoft on Patch Tuesday

From: "Biz Marqee" <biz.marqee () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:10:47 +1100

maybe we should have a discussion on what a drug addled cock lover you are?

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:48 AM, n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com> wrote:

On Thursday, Microsoft announced two security bulletins for Tuesday.
The advance notice is intended as a heads up for IT departments before
Patch Tuesday, the company's monthly patch day. One bulletin is
considered critical, the most serious ranking offered by the software
giant, while the other is ranked important, the next most serious.

The critical patch will affect XML Core Services in Windows and
Microsoft Office. The important bulletin will affect only Windows. If
exploited, Microsoft says the specific vulnerabilities addressed in
these bulletins could cause remote code execution.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10084063-83.html

i'm not sure this is a good idea as it gives a heads up to hackers.
you may think its not long but its actually 5 days for a hacker to
figure out potentially a vulnerability in said area. maybe we should
have a discussion about the pros and cons of these microsoft heads up
and what the reality of it is for the bad guys to be able to pin point
and start exploiting a flaw in said area in a 5 day time frame. yours
n3td3v.

-------

Helping keep you safe online -

Here you can join me to information share about what the real hackers
and bad hackers are upto.

http://groups.google.com/group/n3td3v