Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] IOS rootkits

From: M.B.Jr. <marcio.barbado () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 09:17:21 -0300

Dear n3td3v, the person =)
I really appreciate your left wing point of view but you need to
understand one thing:

FD's a free list and all but it's not a blog.

Nothing personal,

On 5/17/08, n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 7:38 PM, n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com> wrote:
> [...]

Full-Disclosure,

 I fully believe British Intelligence are the best in the world and
 that they will pull the plug on this presentation without hesitation
 before it gets to go ahead.

 I don't see anyone disagreeing how wrong it is for this presentation
 to go ahead as a business decision.

 I know the national security boys at MI5 are listening, so I suggest
 this gets priority and this presentation doesn't go ahead.

 What I want is a high profile pulling the plug of this presentation to
 act as a deterrent to any other security conferences across the world
 who think they are going to capitalise through high risk
 vulnerabilities as this one is.

 I want UK government officials to walk on stage as this presnetation
 is about to start, infront of the media, infront of everybody,
 including the money makers who thought they were going to use this
 presentation as a way to sell tickets and make money and put UK
 national security at risk.

 I don't want a behind the scenes pulling the plug of this
 presentation, I want it to be high profile, infront of the worlds
 media to show that in Britian we don't fuck about with crappy security
 conferences trying to become rich by getting high risk talkers to come
 to their security conference to guarantee a sell out and thousands of
 pounds made, at a cost to UK national security.

 I will be talking with my private contacts to try and get this to
 happen, as many of you know I already had a grudge with EUSecWest
 spamming the mailing lists, instead of buying advertisement banners on
 websites, so the announcement of a IOS rootkit presentation is the
 final insult to injury, and the UK national security boys are likely
 to pull the plug on this without hesitation to make an example to
 these security conference owners to say that national security becomes
 before profit and how dare you try to profit and not giving a shit
 about the consequences of this presentation.

 Trust me and mark my words EUSecWest, you upset a lot of people
 spamming the mailing lists, this is just the worst possible thing you
 could have done to keep people on side, you've lost any respect I may
 have had for your conference and I guarantee UK government officials
 will pull the plug on your business venture of a security conference.

 Blackhat conference with Michael Lynn was under the control of the
 American authorities and they were light weight in response to what
 was going on, trust me, the British authorities will be coming down a
 lot tougher and won't be thinking twice about pulling this
 presentation, but will do it on a grand scale infront of the media, to
 send a clear signal that these security conferences and their money
 making agenda isn't going to get in the way of our national security.

 This is a subject I feel strongly and passionate about because if this
 presentation went ahead it would fuck up a lot of ISPs and would put
 national security at risk.

 If the British authorites don't pull the plug on this presentation you
 will have let your country down and let your British taxpayers down
 who fund MI5 in the first place.

 And its not just me saying this, ISPs are calling for this
 presentation to be pulled as well.

 All the best,

 n3td3v

--
Marcio Barbado, Jr.

"In fact, companies that innovate on top of open standards are
advantaged because resources are freed up for higher-value work and
because market opportunities expand as the standards proliferate."
Scott Handy
Vice President Worldwide Linux and Open Source, IBM