Full Disclosure mailing list archives

OpenID. The future of authentication on the web?

From: Steven Rakick <stevenrakick () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 05:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hello list,

I'm curious what the group thinks about the recent
surge in support for OpenID across the web and the
impact it will have.

1) Beemba - http://www.beemba.com
2) ClaimID - http://www.claimid.com
3) MyOpenID - http://www.myopenid.com
4) Many others...

These sites are gaining in popularity quickly and with
the announcements of support from big players Yahoo,
AOL, Microsoft and Google, combined with smaller
web2.0 celeb-run sites like Digg, OpenID appears to
what will eventually be the norm.

Thoughts?

I've also noticed that many of these sites are
bundling Information Card support (CardSpace on
Windows). Sounds like a good idea as it compliments
OpenID and helps address some weaknesses.

Again, any thoughts?

I'm really just interested in a dialog.

-sr