Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: so this is FD...

From: Tonnerre Lombard <tonnerre.lombard () sygroup ch>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 08:34:52 +0200

Salut, Lucio Crusca,

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 08:46:19 +0000, Lucio Crusca wrote:
I've been reading bugtraq in several short periods of my life, from

Please note that the idea behind full-disclosure and bugtraq is quite a
bit different, so you cannot really compare the two. Basically it boils
down to: on bugtraq, someone is filtering for you while on f-d, you are
responsible to do it yourself.

after a few months of FD reading, I feel bored again. I've never
replied to any of the trolls and trolls-feeders on this list, but
I've always been hardly hoping it was a transient situation, not the
main (and sometimes only) topic of the list. Hell, if you filter out

You should consider the constant trolling as "line noise". I have found
that an IMAP folder specific bayesian SPAM filter serves quite well to
filter out the discussions on this list not worth reading. But of
course then you're basically down to advisories and occasional
interesting discussions taking place every other month.

However, with the appropriate amount of recipient-side filtering,
full-disclosure is actually quite readable.

Like Wau Holland used to say, the world usually gets better when you
learn to adjust your filters.

                                Tonnerre
--
SyGroup GmbH
Tonnerre Lombard

Solutions Systematiques
Tel:+41 61 333 80 33            Güterstrasse 86
Fax:+41 61 383 14 67            4053 Basel
Web:www.sygroup.ch              tonnerre.lombard () sygroup ch