Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Comments on: DNS exploit code is in the wild

From: MadHat Unspecific <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:44:05 -0500

n3td3v wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, MadHat Unspecific
<madhat () unspecific com> wrote:
Technically |)ruid of CAU released the code.  HD was just listed as
co-author and it was released on the CAU website as a CAU exploit.  As far
as you know HD didn't tell |)ruid anything specific.

But I could be wrong.

I don't think that gets HD Moore out of jail though, and who is this
|)ruid character, and why is he using an anonymous alias for releasing
such a serious piece of exploit code? I thought the standard procedure
was to use your real name and a bio about yourself for releasing code
as a legitimate security researcher.

We need to find out more about |)ruid, then get the pair banged up in jail.

This whole HD Moore savior of info sec thing has gone on long enough,
its time to see him for what he is and get him slammed up in jail
along with his counterpart |)ruid.

|)ruid and CAU have been around for a while. |)ruid and other CAU
members have presented at most of the major cons and have released
advisories, POC exploit code and tools.  You could read and do a little
research, but you have proven you just spout off bull shit rather than
put any due diligence into anything you say.  Sad really.

I had sent you the original message to you privately just as a nicety
and not to the list, but for some reason you decided to take a simple
private comment to a public list.  You look more like a douche than
ever.  This is what I get for giving you the benefit of the doubt that
you were not as much of an idiot as people say.  Boy was I wrong.

Thanks
HAND.

--
MadHat (at) Unspecific.com
"The true man wants two things: danger and play.