Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Comments on: DNS exploit code is in the wild

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:17:08 +0100

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, MadHat Unspecific
<madhat () unspecific com> wrote:

Technically |)ruid of CAU released the code.  HD was just listed as
co-author and it was released on the CAU website as a CAU exploit.  As far
as you know HD didn't tell |)ruid anything specific.

But I could be wrong.

I don't think that gets HD Moore out of jail though, and who is this
|)ruid character, and why is he using an anonymous alias for releasing
such a serious piece of exploit code? I thought the standard procedure
was to use your real name and a bio about yourself for releasing code
as a legitimate security researcher.

We need to find out more about |)ruid, then get the pair banged up in jail.

This whole HD Moore savior of info sec thing has gone on long enough,
its time to see him for what he is and get him slammed up in jail
along with his counterpart |)ruid.

All the best,

n3td3v

n3td3v wrote:

by n3td3v  July 24, 2008 6:59 AM

I guess HD Moore doesn't like Dan Kaminsky very much since he told
people like HD Moore not to release such code until after the Blackhat
Conference.

Where does this leave HD Moore on the world stage as responsible
security researcher? Oh wait, he isn't one and never was a responsible
security researcher.

Metasploit frame work is used primarily by the bad guys, so we can see
what HD Moore's intentions are.

In other news, why isn't HD Moore in jail yet?

http://news.cnet.com/8601-1009_3-9998406.html?communityId=2114&targetCommunityId=2114&messageId=765132#765132

--
MadHat (at) Unspecific.com
"The true man wants two things: danger and play.