Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: what is this?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:22:22 -0500

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:16:30 CST, Fredrick Diggle said:
mustache wax. If you inform your clients of the realistic risks
involved then you also must realize that very few researchers are
actually finding the types of bugs which keep your clients scared
enough to hire you

I'm not worried about being unemployed - there's literally a quarter acre of
raised-floor server room across the hallway, and plenty to keep our crew of
sysadmins busy for years to come.  If I end up spending less time doing
security, that just means I'll have more time to work on other things like
performance monitoring and tuning, backups (when you have enough disk that your
*incremental* backups run to several terabytes a night, it's decidedly
non-trivial), network storage, and other fun stuff...