Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SCADA Security Corruption

From: "worried security" <worriedsecurity () googlemail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:29:27 +0000

On Feb 17, 2008 10:11 PM,  <beenthere () hush com> wrote:
So what's the point, Ghostrider, other than character assassination
(or is that asinine-sasion)?

Simply by highlighting what is at most dubious information, you
present it as fact and leave the rest to now-public conjecture.

What is your relation to the guy?  Indeed, when were you
fired...and for what?

Even if your grudge-specific accusation had a smidgen of truth,
exactly how many people sharing that name are in the US..or the
world for that matter?  If you goto:
 http://www.census.gov/genealogy/www/namesearch.html  one can get a
pretty good idea how common the name is, and work the
statistics yourself...  Better yet, if I goto a search engine
starting with Za...I find 5 different people with the same name,
residing anywhere from beautiful Bakersfield, Ca to McCalla,
Alabama (don't forget your Banjo, pig, and slobbering 'Tard, 'ya
hear?).

The odds seem to be...lacking, Ghostrider.

What a nasty, spiteful and cheap way to air your grievance against
someone -- one can only hope the groundwork you're laying doesn't
come back to bite you, hard, when the Karma PoPo demand unfettered
access inside 'yer head.

Let's be honest here, perhaps a rare, seminal event for 'ya --
you're not performing research, you're trying to throw this guy
under a bus, an inquisition by any other name -- and I'm calling
you out.

Ghostrider, the question to everyone's answer is usually found from
within, and I hope the looking glass doesn't hurt too much when
it's pointed your way some day.

-BeenThere

p.s. Have you seen what the average SCADA admin looks like?  One
guy in these parts looks like he could have walked off the AC/DC
Tour Bus...and I must say, I can tell when he comes on shift 'cause
the lights burn just a little brighter.

If SecurityFocus Robert Lemos and HackerFactor Dr Neal Krawetz and the
Funsec crowd can get away with character assassination without legal
action, then some Ghost Rider guy on Full-Disclosure is small fry.

You know what am sayin? ;)