Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Southwest Airlines Ticket Silliness

From: Adam Chesnutt <icetre () digitalfreezer net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:48:32 -0800

What Image? You just go to the kiosk and swipe a credit card, chosing
the option 'Reprint boarding pass'. You have to of course have booked
travel using the 'Business Select' option which is basically a fully
refundable ticket with a few extra perks (one of which being you get
double credit for that flight on their frequent flyer program,
considering it only takes 8 round trip tickets in the first place you
can see why I pick this ticket when flying for business travel)

I really only tried it myself because I wanted to see if the flight
attendants would stop me from using multiple coupons. I figured they'd
let me get away with 2 because, they don't know, I might be using both
coupons on a multi leg flight, but 4 is more than a little obvious
something fishy is going on. Of course I tried to tip her handsomely;
but she told me she couldn't accept it unless I was paying cash. ? Odd...

Anyways, I thought it was a rather interesting oversight in policy and a
neat security hole. :)

I attempted to call the 800 number to report the issue, but they didn't
have a clue what to do about it or who to talk to, so I figured I'd post
it here.

T Biehn wrote:
thats awesome dude, could you ahem forward me a copy of that image ahem