Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security issue in Filezilla 3.0.9.2:passwordsare stored in plain text (sitemanager.xml)

From: "Joey Mengele" <joey.mengele () hushmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:10:56 -0400

Michael,

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 13:51:54 -0400 Micheal Cottingham
<techie.micheal () gmail com> wrote:
But, but, feet are tasty.

Uhhh ?

I can't believe people are commenting in here not knowing that FTP
is
plaintext. Any infosec 101 book will tell you this. Along with
telnet.

Most 'infosec 101' books also tell you buffer overflows, XSS and
other such shit cause problems, yet people post that here all day.

Don't use them, use the secure alternatives, such as FTPS or SFTP
(which is indeed a subprocess of SSH, look at sshd.conf if you
don't
believe me, nevermind that it was already covered) and SSH in
place of
telnet. Those protocols are specifically meant to replace their
insecure counterparts.

You can't tell me what to do.

Here's a few references on this "discovery."

http://forum.filezilla-
project.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5906&p=20285&hilit=xml+plaintext#p2
0285
http://forum.filezilla-
project.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1328&p=4660&hilit=xml+plaintext#p46
60

http://www.bufferoverflow.com
http://www.google.net
http://lololololol.info

If you don't want your passwords stored in this manner, remember
your
passwords or use a password manager.

Stop telling me what to do. You are wrong anyway, suck my foot old
man.

--
Fly in style.  Click here for information on private jets.
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eR3JbzP6haQwUcBJWOV4NawQKJfp6PNWZTthbNJpHNeION6/