Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: sans handler gives out n3td3v e-mail to public

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:08:56 -0500

--On Wednesday, April 02, 2008 21:26:03 +0100 n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
wrote:

No, it was sending signals to important people to take action to get
it further pushed up the ladder. In no way do I expect my e-mail to be
directly looked at by the white house. Through signal intelligence,
the folks at GCHQ and NSA would see it and it would infulence others
who lurk on this list to take action. And for your information, thats
whats happened.

At first I thought, "How silly", but then I got to thinking about it.....

I'll bet the NSA *does* monitor your communications.  After all, spying is
serious business.  Those guys probably need an occasional laugh to break the
tension.  Monitoring your communications almost guarantees them a laugh every
day.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst