Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: sans handler gives out n3td3v e-mail to public

From: n3td3v <xploitable () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:26:03 +0100

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Jeff Stebelton
<jeff.stebelton () gmail com> wrote:
 you don't need to fill up
 people's inboxes with rants and rambling calls for action from the White
 House (that one split my side laughing). "In the Presidents Early Bird
 briefings today is yet another serious cyberwarfare warning from that
 accomplished and respected security researcher, n3td3v. Mark this Top
 Priority and make sure he sees it first thing!".

No, it was sending signals to important people to take action to get
it further pushed up the ladder. In no way do I expect my e-mail to be
directly looked at by the white house. Through signal intelligence,
the folks at GCHQ and NSA would see it and it would infulence others
who lurk on this list to take action. And for your information, thats
whats happened.

For instance, http://blog.securitynow.us/2008/03/19/storm-worm-russian-business-network-rbn/

"I have sent a plea for assistance to some of my contacts within the
US government and hope others do as well to get this issue resolved."

So unless you've got other ideas on how to stop Storm Worm, stop
trolling in my threads with off-topicness.

n3td3v is big in the security community and is working with others to
get things done for the better of everyone.

Regards,

n3td3v