Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: n3td3v has a fan

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:23:13 -0400

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:54:29 EDT, "G. D. Fuego" said:

Do you understand the point of terrorism?  The end goal is not to kill
people.  There are plenty of more effective methods to kill people than
they've been using.  No, the end goal is to cause TERROR.  They want us to
be afraid to live our lives.

Security Theater does more to cause terror in the minds of the people than
it does to deter terrorists from committing these crimes.  People in the US
are starting to believe its reasonable to prevent tourists from taking
pictures from a moving train.  As though taking these photos are somehow
going to threaten our lives.

How does this help?

In fact, a number of people believe this is why we've not seen any more major
attacks from the al Quaeda crew - there's no reason for them to invest time,
effort, and resources in terrifying us when we're doing such a good job of it
ourselves.

I find it hard to believe that n3td3v has read and understood *any* of
Schneiers's writing if he managed to miss the very large and often repeated
message of "Refuse to be terrorized".