Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Xbox live account stolen.

From: "Kevin Finisterre (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:29:16 -0400

Here is my current update on the situation.

http://www.digitalmunition.com/StolenUpdate.html

-KF

On Mar 25, 2007, at 3:52 PM, David Vernaci wrote:

Hi, i have been a victim of the Xbox live accounts being stolen.The
way he
stole my account wasnt that he hacked it, but he gained "my" trust
so i gave
him my info. He gave me his as well, but then he changed it quickly
so i
coundt get in. I was just sitting around, i was talking to him on
aim and
then he just signed off, which scared me. Then, about 10 minutes
later, 27
pizza places called my house and wanted to know where my house was. I
ordered no pizza. I noticed on my email, Conformation of Microsoft
points
purchased but it was unable to purchase because i canceled my
credit card
awhile ago(He did this 14 times). Luckily for me i wasnt charged,
and i got
my account back within a day or 2.I hope he is off Xbox Live, but
that was a
miserable expierience, and i had alot of Gamerpoints on my account
and i
would have never got that back. So i was lucky i got my account in
my hands
again.