Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Phishtank.com Gone?

From: Pieter de Boer <pieter () thedarkside nl>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:53:55 +0200

Larry Seltzer wrote:
Phishtank.com resolves to 127.0.0.1, has someone taken it offline?

No, I'm still getting to the site. I don't suppose mcafee.com,
symantec.com and a lot of other security domains also resolve to
127.0.0.1 for you, do they?
I've seen phishtank.com disappear the same way Michael is describing.
The next moment, DNS info was alright again. This was on a
non-malware-infected *nix box, using 'host', using my ADSL-router's
resolver which uses my ISPs DNS-servers.

When I query *.gtld-servers.net, the .com nameservers, I'm seeing
auth{1-3}.opendns.com; not dns(2).parkpage.foundationapi.com as
Michael's seeing.

Don't have a dig trace to show where false information was coming from,
though.

--
Pieter