Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [ Capture Skype trafic ]

From: "Tyop?" <tyoptyop () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:20:04 +0100

On 10/29/06, Brian Eaton <eaton.lists () gmail com> wrote:
On 10/28/06, gabriel rosenkoetter <gr () eclipsed net> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 11:24:40AM +0200, Cedric Blancher wrote:
Have you ever header of Skype API that basicly allows two application to
communicate on top of Skype network, thus inheriting Skype resilience,
encryption, obfuscation and firewall punching capapbilities ?

I don't see how this isn't still an HR problem.

It is an HR problem.  It's also an IT problem.  Neither group can
solve the issue without help from the other.  And both groups need
buy-in from the rest of the organization if they expect to make the
solution stick.

Good troll. I think that filtering a program like this, HR or IT, will
prevent a lot of problems, because of his closing-encrypted-nonRE source.
I find this closed politic-protocol-program too dangerous to let it run in
my network.

I need to match it on a gate, and I haven't found any "usefull" informations.

Thx to the list for the discussion.

--
Tyop?
"And excuse my english."