Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [ Capture Skype trafic ]

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:09:07 +1300

gabriel rosenkoetter to me:

Final enforcement may be an HR problem, [...]

Both setting the policy for acceptable use and enforcing that policy
are HR's problem.

I wouldn't want to work in an IT department of a company where setting
the policy of what is acceptable code to run on the computers I managed
was any of HR's business.

If your "acceptable to use programs" policy is ONLY governed by an HR
policy then YOU HAVE MUCH BIGGER PROBLEMS.

There ARE technological solutions to the "what code shall we allow to
run on this machine" problem.  Sadly there are not more and better such
solutions but there are some such solutions and any corporate IT system
not devised without their use (i.e. _most_ corporate It is systems) is
an inadequate system...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald