Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: **LosseChange::Debunk it??**

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:57:55 -0500

Pete Simpson wrote:
Paul,

Of all people you surprise me with this dishonest trick of argument -
appeal to authority. Challenge either the data, the principles or the
logic.

Oh spare me. "Appeal to authority"? What a joke. You can read the analysis yourself. It's publicly available.

Dr. Thomas Eager, a materials and structural engineer at MIT was one of the experts who examined the towers' collapse. Here's some of his thoughts: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/collapse.html

Much, much more here. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/

The buildings 1,2 and 7 fell at near free fall time 10 seconds. Any
undergraduate should be able to calculate the minimum time for pancake
collapse as at least 90 seconds.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wtc/dyk.html

"Each building collapsed in about ten seconds, hitting the ground with an estimated speed of about 125 miles per hour."

"The collapse was a near free-fall. With no restraint, the collapse would have taken eight seconds and would have impacted at about 185 miles per hour."

My goodness.  Looks like your calculations are wrong.

[snipped most of the foolishness]

One simple, physically-feasible mechanism for each floor to present no
resistance to the floors falling from above was for each floor to fail
due to explosive charges timed to coincide precisely with the fall of
the floor above. This is known as a 'controlled demolition' and when
planned and executed correctly results in an orderly destruction, so
that the building collapses on its own footprint in near free-fall time,
as did the WTC Twin Towers.
Sure, Pete. All we have to believe is that an entire crew of workers, working for weeks, carefully planted explosive charges in the right places, concealing all the evidence of same and ***not being seen by anyone who questioned their presence*** IN BOTH TOWERS, hauling in tons of high explosives and wiring and detonators, etc., etc., drilling through concrete without being noticed and running all these wires out to a hidden location without anyone seeing anything and then waiting for two planes to hit the buildings so they could detonate their charges without anyone noticing what they were up to.

I'm surprised that you would be so gullible.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer