Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Breaking LoJack for Laptops

From: "Jay Nevins" <jay.nevins () earthlink net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:43:41 -0400

I can only speak for Dell since thats what I use will let you re-flash the BIOS and even with a non-lojack one. However, once Lojack is activated in the BIOS it will reinstall itself with the new image. I by no means am a computer guru (the last language I used was ada) but I have tried to disable lojack every possible way I can think and it wont go away.
If you can find something contrary please let me know.

thanks, Jay
----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Holstein" <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>