Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Breaking LoJack for Laptops

From: "Jay Nevins" <jay.nevins () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:20:10 -0400

FYI-

I know this may be a little after-the-fact but I just came upon your article posted on 12-24-05 about how to disable
LoJack for Laptops.  I currently use this product and have tested it in depth for a while.  The Notebook I use has
Computrace built in to the BIOS.  I have tried to disable rpcnet, ctmweb, rpcnetp, and other files associated with
Lojack as well as blocking these files with my firewall and even blocking Computrace's IP.  Needless to say my notebook
still manages to call out.  If you are still interested in this program you may want to look at machines with
Computrace enabled BIOS first.

-Jay