Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE7 Zero Day

From: <0x80 () hush ai>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 11:08:57 -0700

Have you e-mailed secure () microsoft com and asked them if they want

make an offer? I know they've done private deals with security
researchers in the past, and trust me, they were offered a lot
more

No I have not emailed Microsoft.  They are not entitled to any
exlusivity.

illegal auction. I think its in your best interest to e-mail
secure () microsoft com.

Illegal?  Tell me what law in what country I have broken.

1) You don't want to make as much money as you could by offering
Microsoft to buy your vulnerability in private.

Like I said.  MS can offer just like anyone else but they do not
get any special treatment.

2) You want to be held responsible for selling an exploit which
leads
to a major incident, worm, virus outrage.

The vulnerabilities I have for sale could be used in such a way but
I am in no way responsible for what the purhcaser uses it for.  Are
bullet manufacturers responsible when someone shoots someone else?

3) Microsoft just contact the FBI and get your actual home address
from your e-mail server logs because you didn't initially offer
Microsoft to buy the exploit, and you end up getting arrested.

Again.  What law have I broken here?

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485