Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hello everyone

From: "Ian stuart Turnbull" <ian.t7 () hotmail co uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:15:51 +0100

Thanks for this helpful informative post. I was expecting to be blasted as an idiot idealist - to be frank, though hoping for just this sort of info. Nice one. I guess as in most things in life - mind your own business and if you don't you're liable to get punched in the nose. I think I liked it better when the free T-Shirts were in vogue.

Sticking to my own LAN is a great idea though admittedly I expect there are times when being inside won't work the same as if coming from the ether.

Not that I'd want to cross the line and test what you say I just read a great article where a 13 year old bombed GRC.COM a few years back but due to his age and that he hadn't commited more than $US 5,000 of damage the FBI said they really didn't have the resources to bother with him.
http://grc.com/dos/grcdos.htm

Are these old exploits documented anywhere. I guess maybe not otherwise we'd have a lot more problems. I've googled around but aren't really sure what else to search on other than "software exploits" but don't seem to be able to find a really good one.

Again, thanks for your helpful email Groundzero.

Ian t