Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Mozilla Thunderbird : Multiple Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities

From: Peter Besenbruch <prb () lava net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:47:20 -1000

Steve Shockley wrote:
Renaud Lifchitz wrote:

Mozilla Thunderbird : Multiple Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities

The css part of this "exploit" is actively used by Intellicontact (or whatever they call themselves this week), the host of the factcheck.org mailing list. For example:

<LINK href=http://mail1.icptrack.com/track/relay.php?r=###&msgid=
=###&act=####&admin=0&destination=http://www.factcheck.org/styles/subpage_nn.css type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

To work around this, set:

user_pref("mailnews.display.html_as", 3);

A value of 1, rendering HTML as text, would be even better, I would think. A value of 2, simply showing the HTML source, is the safest of all. I'm not a big fan of HTML in e-mail, sanitized, or otherwise.

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky