Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: SendGate: Sendmail Multiple Vulnerabilities (Race Condition DoS, Memory Jumps, Integer Overflow)

From: "Michael A Fusaro II" <maf () mafii com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:31:01 -0500

Theo de Raadt wrote:
You would probably expect me to the be last person to say
that Sendmail is perfectly within their rights.  I have
had a lot of problems with what they are doing.

But what did you pay for Sendmail?  Was it a dollar, or was
it more?  Let me guess.  It was much less than a dollar.  I
bet you paid nothing.

So does anyone owe you anything, let alone a particular process
which you demand with such length?

Gadi Evron wrote:
So you are basically saying open source free software can't
be trusted to hold high standards or be reliable or secure
if I don't pay for it?

What he is basically saying is that you hold no right whatever
to demand it.

The "International Infrastructure's" need doesn't constitute
a claim on Sendmail or its developers.  As Theo stated, if
that's unacceptable, buy software with a commercial license
(which would then give you the right to demand that trust, as
included in the license).

--
Michael A Fusaro II
maf () mafii com