Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: UnAnonymizer

From: Peter Besenbruch <prb () lava net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 22:12:33 -1000

H D Moore wrote:
A fun browser toy that depends on Java for complete results:
- http://metasploit.com/research/misc/decloak/

Fun indeed:

Field                   Data            Dependency
External Address:       24.199.198.152  None
Internal Host:          unknown         Java
Internal Address:       unknown         Java
DNS Server (API):       unknown         Java
DNS Server (HTTP):      24.199.198.158  None
External NAT:           unknown         Java

The "External Address" listed belongs to a TOR server hosted on RoadRunner. The DNS server is also part of that system. I'm assuming the "Internal Host" should have been mine? The "Internal Address" mine, also? The "DNS Server (API)" my ISP's? Something isn't working.

Here's another page that tries something similar with Java:
http://gemal.dk/browserspy/ipjava.html

I get similar results to the above. Yes, Java is installed (version 1.5).

--
Hawaiian Astronomical Society: http://www.hawastsoc.org
HAS Deepsky Atlas: http://www.hawastsoc.org/deepsky