Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Amazon, MSN vulns and.. Yes, we know! Mostsites have vulnerabilities

From: "Morning Wood" <se_cur_ity () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:31:57 -0700

I completely agree with the milw0rm point. The intent of my reply was to
remind MW that he too was a clueless one ( in recent times at that ) and
that he would be well served to spare others the abuse he got when he
was learning. The incivility of FD and the space in general is a bit tiring.

well, i may have to also agree that my choice phrasing was abit... imature.
next time i will wait to reply after my 2 cups of coffee. ( thanks for
the deserved slap in the face Jason )

however, i still stand by the fact that full disclosure style of reporting
security flaws has prompted many vendors to be more dilligent in fixing
issues and working with persons who discover vulnerabilities, as well
as doing more in-house testing and auditing.

further, IMHO, it is better to have exploit code publicly
available than solely being controlled and utilized by the blackhat
underground, which makes the internet an actual safer place for
everyone. ( see previous paragraph )

cheers,
mw