Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Amazon, MSN vulns and.. Yes, we know! Mostsites have vulnerabilities

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:13:40 -0400

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 13:45:47 EDT, Jason said:
You have a lot of nerve! It was not too long ago that I recall you being
the clueless one on the FD list.

Aye.. that he was, as we all were at one time (myself included, even if that
phase *did* predate the creation of FD by more than 2 decades).  However,
Morning has had enough sense to pay attention and acquire at least some clue...

Having said that, I'll posit that Morning is right - Milw0rm is a site well
known enough that *by definition* an exploit showing up there moves it from
'0-day' to 'just another damned unpatched vuln'. After all, 0-day means "an
unknown exploit you can't defend against because you've never seen it".  Which
is hardly the case for any Milw0rm exploit.