Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Will the spammer please stop!

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:18:47 -0400

Dan B wrote:
Hi,

Karol Wiesek wrote:
Just add rule to Your procmail or any other stuff and ignore it.

,,,snip...snip...
The best solution I see is sender verification, which I currently use on
Postfix and this is the same MTA that is used for the list. It is a
minor configuration change. Indeed it causes more traffic(verification
of domain initially, and then a brief attempt to connect and send a mail
to the sender), but that is nowhere near as much as this spam is generating.

The words "best solution" should NEVER be used in the same sentence as
"sender verification," unless "not" separates them. It is obnoxious and
places the burden of your lack of effort or knowledge onto the sender.

Randy