Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Will the spammer please stop!

From: Dan B <dan-fd () f-box org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:28:22 +0200

Hi,

Karol Wiesek wrote:
Just add rule to Your procmail or any other stuff and ignore it.

That's not really my point. Extra traffic generated by each message,
then the MTA's that block based on keywords; I was receiving 2-5 emails
per spoofed email pretending to be me that the MTA's filtering thought
was SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION??? It's just a pointless waste of resources.
There the is the archive which now looks like sh1t with all the ASCII
art and Gadi is blah.

The best solution I see is sender verification, which I currently use on
Postfix and this is the same MTA that is used for the list. It is a
minor configuration change. Indeed it causes more traffic(verification
of domain initially, and then a brief attempt to connect and send a mail
to the sender), but that is nowhere near as much as this spam is generating.

Also have you noticed how slowly my post appears to have been mailed
out. This is causing the list MTA to have to deal with sending spam out
to all users causing real postings to be delayed.

Cheers,
DanBUK.