Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Vunerability in yahoo webmail.

From: Cardoso <cardosolistas () contraditorium com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:19:23 -0300

Congratulations to the hackers running Yahoo!!

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 03:07:56 +0200
"php0t" <very () unprivate com> wrote:

p> Message
p> For the record: 30 minutes after I posted this, onLoad got changed to onfiltered - problem fixed by yahoo. :)
p>
p>
p>
p>      -----Original Message-----
p>      From: full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk [mailto:full-disclosure-bounces () lists grok org uk] On
Behalf Of php0t
p>      Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 2:28 AM
p>      To: full-disclosure () lists grok org uk
p>      Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] Vunerability in yahoo webmail.
p>
p>
p>      > Oh, I've CC'd abuse () yahoo com, but if someone else would give them a proper write-up, and encourage
p>      > them to close the hole, that'd be wonderful.
p>
p>      Since yahoo isn't known for fixing bugs fast unless it's serious (and even then), here's something i wrote up
today.
p>      The exploit is turned into a script-kiddish interface. Here's how it works:
p>      1) you enter your email and the target (@yahoo.com) email
p>      2) an email with the exploit is sent to the target
p>      3) when the target opens the mail for reading, cookies get stolen and you get a notification on the address
specified
p>      4) further instructions on how to log in are on the site.
p>
p>      Tested on IExplore and Opera, works with both.
p>
p>      http://zmailhost.ath.cx/
p>
p>      (I'm taking it down when yahoo fixes it or people abuse it too much)
p>
p>      php0t () zorro hu
p>
p>

Allgemeinen Anschulterlaubnis
Cardoso <cardoso () pobox com> - SkypeIn: (11) 3711-2466 / (41) 3941-5299
vida digital: http://www.contraditorium.com site pessoal e blog: http://www.carloscardoso.com