Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Vunerability in yahoo webmail.

From: "David Loyall" <david.loyall () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:35:13 -0500

Hello, all.

I just received an email with an html attachment, on a yahoo account.

When I opened the mail, yahoo automatically displayed the html, and executed
the code within.  What the hell. =)  It forwarded the message to my contacts
list, (or some other set of addresses, dunno,) and redirected my browser to
a website.

I'm of to a BBQ, and I don't care about yahoo.  So I'm not even going to
read the code and see how this happens.  I'm attaching the html file as a
text file.  Enjoy!

Oh, I've CC'd abuse () yahoo com, but if someone else would give them a proper
write-up, and encourage them to close the hole, that'd be wonderful.

Cheers,
--David Loyall
Omaha, Nebraska
David Loyall <http://david.loyall.googlepages.com>