Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Question for the Windows pros

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:40:00 -0600

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:30 -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
I can read.  I need to know, from a practical application standpoint, what
does this mean.  What are the exposures?

Sounds to me like that right allows a user to assume the security
context of another user. Think of "RunAs" where a user runs a procedure
as a different user.

*That* ability should tell you a lot of what the exposures are. It's
seems similar to allowing your *nix users to use su (without password
check) to assume another user. (As root you can "su username" and you
are that user. Imagine of your normal users could do that).

I don't see why you would ever need to grant a normal user such a right.
It may be of interest for service accounts, though.

Regards,
Frank

--
against your ports.