Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: How to Determine My System Vulnerabilities

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:55:56 +1300

Eugene.Smith () mpls frb org wrote:

I have three servers running Linux Red Hat OS.  I would lke to find a
source for information regarding "How Too" when it comes to determining
what level of kernel, SSH, PHP, ect my servers are running.  I do know how
to check some of these things but am looking for someone who is very
knowledgeble and is willing to answer questions about this OS.

Do I detect a case of "I went to get coffee without locking my
terminal"??

(Quickly followed by a case of "HR wants to have a talk with <insert
one of Eugene Smith's co-workers' names here>"...)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald