Full Disclosure mailing list archives

re: Insecurity in Finnish parlament (computers)

From: Jess Kitchen <jess.kitchen () adjacentnetworks net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:46:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Juha-Matti Laurio wrote:

Well, several people in different discussion forums in Finland found it out by GSM analysing tools and posted it up. Those tools shown that peoples phones (in TeliaSonera network) used A5/0 cipher, meaning that no encryption was used. I doubt that all of them are simultaneously lying and TeliaSonera is telling the truth. :D
Markus Jansson wrote:

Yes, I have all of these related forum posts handling the use of Nokia Network Monitor as printed versions.

Was this for a subset of subscribers or across the network as a whole?

Could a transient failure in the network cause the fallback to A5/0?

Regards,
Jess.