Full Disclosure mailing list archives

FW: Vista RDP bug?

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:25:31 -0500

http://www.digg.com/security/Flaws_Detected_in_Microsoft_s_Vista#c4423
646

[[People are going to be suprised how buggy Vista is when they use it
for a good solid 3 months. I've been using Vista in my own machine at
work, and its just horrible. Besides the compatibility problems, alot of
things are buggy. For example, if you RDP into VIsta and move some
windows around on the screen the whole GUI crashes within RDP. If you
logout and try to reset the connection you cant. RDP is crashed and only
a restart will fix the problem.]]

Beware of reports like this that make general statements. Obviously RDP
isn't as buggy as he claims. I've used it lots of times with no such
problems. He probably has a bad driver.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/