Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: world governments and aid agencies at risk because of bbc

From: Juergen Fiedler <juergen () fiedlerfamily net>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:26:45 -0400

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 06:24:07PM +0200, Denis Jedig wrote:
n3td3v wrote:

last night i reported on n3td3v list that a corporation who offers
humanitarian security updates to world governments and aid agencies
who will remain unnamed stores passwords on their servers in plain
text

What a rataplan...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/email/news

... for nothing more but a *free* e-mail news service from a television
agency. Calm down and save strong words for real issues please.

Denis

I think you are misunderestimating the issue: Isn't it obvious that
the world government (I didn't know there was more than one) will use
the same usernames and passwords to sign up for the news service that
they use to activate their nucular weapons? Don't come crying to
n3td3v if some l33t hax0r drops a nuke on you!

Just kidding. Honest.