Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: ProtectFly/RegisterFly - Whois information - Non-Disclosure legal??

From: Nancy Kramer <nekramer () mindtheater net>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:56:17 -0400

Yes having a "private" registration is legal at least in the US. Godaddy also does it. They charge extra for it.

People do this so spam bots will not harvest their email on their domain registration. I personally don't think it is a good idea unless someone wants to do something wrong with the domain but that is just my opinion.

If the people who own those domains are doing something wrong like spamming your blog I think you can contact the registrar and tell them. They should either give you the contact information or do something about the domain owner themselves. I know Godaddy would probably be helpful because they are a pretty good company but don't know about these companies since I don't deal with them myself.

Regards,

Nancy Kramer
Webmaster http://www.americandreamcars.com
Free Color Picture Ads for Collector Cars
One of the Ten Best Places To Buy or Sell a Collector Car on the Web